All communication with the Slovenian tax office is electronic. To start a VAT registration process you have to submit an electronic application to the tax office. Some forms are available also in English, German and Italian, but all procedures are much faster in the Slovenian language.
Speaking from experience, the Slovenian tax office is very critical when it comes to VAT registration of foreign companies, and they often ask questions. These extra questions and testing processes lead to longer waiting periods for receiving a Slovenian VAT registration number, which can generally take several weeks.
Because we have a lot of experience in the field of VAT registration procedures in Slovenia we can provide quality services for our customers.
If you need services like VAT registration and VAT compliance according to Slovenian VAT Law don’t hesitate to contact us.
After receiving your confirmation for starting a registration VAT procedure in Slovenia, ANOVA sends the foreign client a checklist with all the necessary information and documents required for VAT registration in Slovenia. Generally, this includes the following documents:
- Founding certificates of the company (incorporation documents)
- Companies register extract of the foreign company
- Current confirmation from the foreign tax authority about the company’s tax registration in the other country
- Presentation of planned business activities in Slovenia (contract or preliminary contract or other evidence, from which it is evident what type of business activities the foreign company intends to perform in Slovenia)
- The authority for ANOVA to be the tax representative for the Slovenian tax authorities